Playquip Provide Custom Designs To Meet Client Specifications And Budgetary Requirements
A successful outcome lies mostly in a well formed and well developed, jointly created brief, the result of partnership and teamwork.
Consulting with all stakeholders such as teachers, principals, council members, and of course the kids, Playquip staff will assist in developing an exciting play space specifically to fit your budgetary requirements, providing design solutions that are safe, fun and durable.
In Playground Design, "The Whole is Greater Than the Sum of its Parts"
Playquip's experienced staff have expert knowledge of the latest equipment, the most successful combinations, and relevant safety standards. They can guide you through the design process to ensure that the best possible outcome is achieved, to specific budget requirements.
Playquip's in-house design team can develop custom playground designs or individual components tailored specifically to your environment. Anything from school logos and children's drawings to activity panels referencing local fauna can be incorporated.
Manufacture and Installation
Playground equipment is usually manufactured and delivered within 8-10 weeks from order. Each playground is carefully packaged to ensure safe delivery throughout Australia. Playquip recommend using our experienced installation teams. This ensures your playground is installed in accordance with manufacturers specifications and Australian Standards. Playquip also provide on-site supervision for community and volunteer groups. Manuals are issued with each playground sold. Providing all the relevant information required to self-install and maintain your playground.
Prepare a Plan Identifying:
- Area available, boundaries, fencing, location
- Natural features such as trees, shrubs and sun position
- Existing equipment, extensions, modifications or removal
- Services such as toilets and lighting
- Underground services such as electricity, irrigation, gas and telecommunications
- Site access, paths, drainage and disabled access
- Available budget
- Involve users in decision process such as children and community groups
- Create a wish list without duplicating items, consider themes and safety standards
- Consider all age groups using the equipment and position equipment accordingly
- Plan ahead, don't just consider today's budget, plan your playground in stages
- Consider disabled users
- Allow for edging, undersurfacing and shade components
Timelines and Drawings
- Prepare a timeline, ensuring your plan is realistic
- Consider maintenance of your playground including audits and repairs
- Finalise component selection and colours
- Obtain a scaled layout drawing of equipment and consider fall zone distances
- Obtain a full colour visualization of the equipment
- Consider council planning approval
Managing Your Playground
- Consider managing playground, particularly in the first month when it will be very busy
- Prepare a maintenance plan
- Create some rules for your playground
- Monitor playground activity and enforce rules
- Ensure playground has an audit at least once a year by a reputable company
- Use your groundperson to conduct basic checks for loose bolts etc.